Wednesday 19 November 2008

ASPIRE Channel Swim Challenge

Yesterday I completed length no. 1416 and finished my Channel Swim in Ilkley pool. I am raising money for ASPIRE. ASPIRE's projects and services have a very simple goal - to provide the practical support needed for people with spinal cord injury, from injury to independence.

Just over 12 months ago I could just about swim 20 lengths in the slow lane. I swam once a week, gradually building up my fitness and stamina until I could swim 70 lengths in 60 minutes - in the medium lane.

I started my Channel Swim on 15 September and have been swimming 2 or 3 times a week since then (apart from the week my employer sent me to head office in Hampshire).

Most lengths swum in one week = 228
Most lengths swum in one session = 90
All breaststroke.

Please give a donation to ASPIRE at www.justgiving.com/stephaniemawdsley.

No comments: